Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Hand Struggle

Hands have always been the hardest body part for me to draw in a realistic way.
Recently I created a digital painting of a girl and a dragon and completely butchered the girl's hand.  After a thorough critique from a fellow artist, I got back on the painting and redrew the entire hand.. It still isn't perfect, the proportions are still completely off, however I am happier with it than I was before.  I may continue to tweak it in the future, as I can still see there is a problem I just can't seem to connect what's in my brain with the tablet and the image on the screen. :(
Anyway, here are both versions for comparison:

BEFORE



















AFTER



















If anymore improvements are made in the future, I will be sure to share.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment